Here is what the government intends to do with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
1. Want to effect deep rooted changes in the way DRDO IS MANAGED
2. Have no ill will for Dr. Avinash Chander. He will serve till his time ends on January 31
3. If govt wanted to remove, it would have been done with immediate effect
4. DEPENDING ON WHAT GOVT RULES PERMIT, WANT TO SPLIT DRDO POST FROM that of SCIENTIFIC ADVISOR TO DEFENCE MINISTER
5. ON FIRST OF FEBRUARY, SENIOR MOST CLUSTER HEAD OF DRDO WILL TAKE OVER TILL WE FIND A REPLACEMENT
6. We have A PROBLEM ABOUT PEOPLE of such an old age occupying such a high chair