SPECIAL UNIFORM FOR SOLDIERS
New Delhi: Agrahayana 28, 1936
Friday, 19 December 2014
Scientists of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) have developed the following items to improve operational efficiency and safety of soldiers.
- Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Suit.
- NBC Gloves.
- Integrated Field Shelter.
- NBC Decontamination Suit.
- Respiratory Mask.
- Integrated Hood Mask.
- Flame Retardant Overalls Mk-II.
- Flame Retardant Gloves.
- Flame Retardant Auto Inflatable Life Jacket.
- Flame Retardant Anti G Suit.
- Flame Retardant Aircrew Survival Jacket.
- Upgraded NATO Suit.
- Combat Free Fall Oxygen System.
- Aircrew Helmet.
- Arctic Gloves with Active Heating Element.
- Submarine Escape Set.
These items have been developed and productionised.
DRDO has also undertaken a project to develop combat shoes with improved shock absorbing material.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri Konda Vishweshwar Reddy in Lok Sabha today.